- -What time is check in?
- Check in is from 3pm. If you arrive earlier we can happily store your luggage for you.
- -What time is check out?
- Check out is from 10am. In winter time, we really appreciate it if you can vacate your room by this time. If you would like to go for skiing for the day before you leave, we can store your luggage and offer our shower facilities for your use when you return to pick it up. Due to the slower pace in summer time, we are able to be more flexible and happy to offer late check out if no other guests are scheduled to come in.
- -What if we are arriving late?
Please let us know if you are arriving late at night so that we can either arrange for someone to greet you or make the keys to your room available or pick up at the reception desk.
- -Where do I park the car?
There is no onsite parking at the Denman Hotel. On arrival please drive up the driveway and unload your luggage into the reception lounge. Skis, Boots and other sporting equipment can be placed directly in the ski room. When you have unloaded your car we will direct you on the map to one of the overnight car parks located in the village.
- -Will I need snow chains for my car?
- It is not very often that you will need snow chains for your car. However the Kosciuszko National Parks requires all vehichles (4WD exempt) to carry chains. These can be rented at garages and rental stores in Cooma and Jindabyne or if your coming from Victoria hire is available in Corryong. If the weather dictates that snow chains need to be used, clearly sign posted chain fitting bays are set up along the Alpine Way and you will be stopped.
- -Are the roads difficult to travel?
The roads are not difficult to travel although caution should be taken in the early morning and evening to avoid the local wildlife crossing your path. It is also wise to take it a bit slower in bad weather, especially in snowy and icy conditions which some divers may not be familiar with.
- -How do I get to the Denman?
- We are located in the heart of Thredbo Village, in the Kosciuszko National Park, approximately a 5 and half hour drive from Sydney, 2 and half hours from Canberra. From Melbourne it is approximately 7 hours. Please go to this link for maps and directions.
- -Is there a lift?
- The building that is the Denman was originally built in 1962 without elevators in mind. Add that to our mountain location and you are likely to come across a few sets of stairs on the way to your room. We will try to assist you with your luggage where we can.
- -Where do I put my skis or other sporting equipment?
- Bikes and sporting equipment (golf clubs, skis and snow boards can be stored in the Ski Equipment Room. You will be given the access code to the ski room on arrival.
- -Does the Hotel have WiFi?
- We have free WiFi for our guests. It is available in the Library Lounge, Reception Lounge and other common areas of the hotel.
- -Do you have laundry facilities?
- We have a guest laundry facility consisting of one washing machine and one dryer, both are coin operated. $2 for a wash cycle and $1 for every 15min of drying. If you need some laundry powder just ask at reception.
- -Are there cooking facilities in the room?
No. The rooms do have tea and coffee making facilities and a small bar fridge.
If you’re hungry, why not join us for a snack in our library lounge or try a small bite from the Apres Bar Menu. Dinner is available in the Terrace Restaurant from 6pm.
- -Do you offer a babysitting service?
Not directly, however there are a couple of qualified baby sitters in Thredbo Village that we can put you in touch with. Just ask at reception for more details.
- -When is the Day Spa open?
Our Day Spa offers massage and beauty therapies and operates most days during the winter depending on demand so it’s best to make a booking.
In the summer time the Day Spa is closed however we can certainly put you in touch with some excellent massage therapists that operate in the village.
- -Where is the closest supermarket?
- We are located just across the road from the steps down into the main village square where you will find a small supermarket, bakery, news agency, chemist and other clothing, homewares and gift stores. The Supermarket in Thredbo stocks a wide range of goods however does not have a huge variety of items and can be very busy in winter season. There is also a large Woolworth's located in Jindabyne in Nuggets Crossing shopping complex.
- -What time do the lifts open?
- The Lifts open at 8.30am-4.45pm. In summer the Kosciosko Express Chairlfit operates from 9am-4pm
- -What time does the Leisure Centre open?
- The Thredbo Leisure centre is open from 7am-7pm all year round. The Leisure centre houses a 50m heated swimming pool, water-slide, fully equipped gym, indoor sports hall, rock climbing wall and squash court. Plenty of great indoor activities available for kids all under one roof makes a great wet weather option.
- -Can anyone play tennis or golf?
- Yes of course. If you haven’t brought your gear golf clubs and golf buggies can be hired from the ticket office located at the bottom of Crackenback Chairlift. Tennis courts will need to be booked and tennis racquets are also available to hire.
- -What is the weather like?
- The weather in the mountains can change quickly. If you are planning a range of outdoor activities during your visit its best to check the forecast prior to your stay. You can keep up to date with Thredbo weather here on our website.
- -What should I wear?
- In winter warm clothes are a must as well as shoes with good grip to avoid slipping on snowy, wet or icy ground when walking around town. If you are planning on skiing or boarding it is important to wear waterproof ski gear to keep you warm and dry when on the mountain. A good pair of gloves is great investment when traveling to the snow. In the summer months the mountains can get quite hot. When walking or hiking, shorts and a tshirt as well as sensible walking shoes is appropriate attire. A hat and plenty of sunscreen, sunglasses and insect repellent are also good idea as the sun can be very harsh at higher altitudes. The evening though can still be quite cool so its also a good idea to pack a light jacket and a jumper. The weather can be unpredictable at all times of the year and it is a good idea to pack for rain hail and shine.
- -How much are lift tickets?
Thredbo Lift Ticket Prices 2015Please see indicative pricing for Thredbo lifts. There are always specials throughout the season. We recommend you check with the ticket office before purchasing or online.
1 Day $115 65+ $66 11.30am Start $103 2pm Start $72 2 Day $184 3 Day $261 4 Day $350 5 of 7 Day $407 6 of 8 Day $480 7 of 9 Day $552
- -What activities can I do in summer?
- -What activities can I do in winter?
- -How do I pay for my booking?
- We take all major credit cards (1.5% surcharge) as well as Amex and Diners (3% surcharge). If you would prefer to pay directly into our bank account we can give you our details.Please notify us when payment has been made with the booking name and booking number and we will email your confirmation. We take 50% as a deposit then the balance 60 days prior to arrival for winter bookings. For summer bookings it is a 50% deposit and the balance 30 days prior to arrival for summer bookings.
- -Can I book at the last minute?
- Of course you can book at the last minute if we have a room available. We recommend you book in advance, but we will try to accommodate you at the last minute wherever possible.
- -How do I make a booking?
- You can book directly from this website here. Or you can simply call us on (02) 6457 6222
- -What is the Denman Hotel’s cancellation policy?
- In the event that you have to cancel your stay with us the Cancellation of your booking must be received in writing. Bookings canceled more than 60 days prior to the arrival date are subject to a cancellation fee of 10% of the Total Cost. Bookings canceled 30 to 60 days prior to the arrival date will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of the Total Cost. For those bookings canceled less than 30 days prior to the arrival date no refund will be issued. Please see our full terms and conditions here.
- -When is the Terrace Restaurant open?
- The Terrace Restaurant is open from 6pm till late 7 days a week. In summer the Restaurant is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. For Bookings please call: (02) 6457 6222
- -When is the Apres Bar open?
The Apres Bar is open from 4pm till late 7 days a week.
In summer the Apres Bar is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- -Do I need to make a booking for the Terrace Restaurant?
- Although bookings are not essential we do recommend you do make a booking so that we can have your table ready and waiting for the arrival of your party. During winter, school holidays and weekends can be especially busy so it good idea to book in advance.
For Bookings please call: (02) 6457 6222
- -What time is breakfast?
In winter breakfast is from 7.30am - 9am, in the Terrace Restaurant
In summer breakfast times vary depending on the date of your stay. Further details will be provided on arrival.